Friday, April 1, 2011

Welcome!

Pregnancy is such an amazing miracle, but people rarely talk about the bizarre, crazy, gross, or funny things that happen to your mind, body, and soul during this journey. This blog is my attempt to document the adventures of my pregnancy and share my experiences with family and friends both near and far. Plus Danny thinks that I need a new project to keep me busy because I am bored all of the time. :)

Some of you might be wondering about the name of our blog: The Squirrel Makes Four. A few years ago Danny's sister had a baby. Since Bama had never been around an infant before I decided to do some research about dogs and new babies before we went to visit. Even though Bama loves kids I was worried about how she would act around an infant. One of the articles I read on the Internet said that some dogs might think that an infant is a small prey like a squirrel or bird. Of course this freaked me out because I didn't want to bring Bama around the baby if there was any chance that she might act a fool. When I shared my concerns with Danny he was outraged that I thought Bama was stupid enough to mistake a baby for a squirrel. He quickly dismissed my fears and loaded Bama into the car for our road trip to Vegas. I hate to admit it when he is right but of course he was right about this one. Bama absolutely loved the baby and could not get enough of him. She even earned the nickname "Nana" that weekend because she acted just like the dog from Peter Pan who watched over all the children.

Naturally as soon as we found out we were having a baby "the squirrel" immediately stuck as the nickname. We are positive though that Bama is going to be a fantastic big sister. :)

We look forward to sharing all of our latest updates, developments, and funny stories on this site. We are thrilled that our sweet little family is about to become four!

5 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm so excited to hear all about what's going on with you and your new little one on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to document this journey! Sending love your way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Great idea to blog Goo-Goo updates! Can't wait for the day we get to finally meet "The Squirrel";)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for creating this FUN & LIVELY vehicle for all of us to get "caught up" with you into the swirl of joy and anticipation that is the "squirrel"! What a great way to ensure that some of us don't keep pestering you for DETAILS, right Danny?! (P.S. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Bamie will be the consummate big sister :)
    Love, Pamma XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Jen what a wonderful way for all friends and family to follow this wonderful venture of the little angel coming into our lives! Yes it is me! Right Pamma, my very 1st grand baby! I am beaming with such a glow!
    Keep all the funny stories coming Danny, and thank-you for giving the best care to my sweet girl! Just think Pamma we will have part little Danny and Jen! Can the world take this on!!!!!
    Love , hugs and kisses to u 4!

    ReplyDelete