Sunday, April 3, 2011

Busting at the Seams

So after the 6 pound weight gain and all the "bloating" that takes place during pregnancy I decided that it was time to bite the bullet and purchase some new pants. The belly band and the rubber band looped around my button hole just weren't cutting it anymore. A trip to the maternity store was definitely in order!

For those of you who know me well you know that blue jeans are my weakness. I absolutely LOVE my jeans and I usually spare no expense when it comes to buying a good pair. I was actually pretty depressed when I thought about trading in my designer digs for the elastic mom maternity jeans. Luckily for me (and all the other fashion forward ladies out there) someone in the fashion industry got smart and realized that there was some serious cash to be made by designing stylish maternity clothes. After talking to my sister in law who recently gave birth, I discovered that all of my favorite brands also had a line of maternity jeans. I was delighted when I discovered that True Religion, Joe's Jeans, 7, Citizens of Humanity, Mavi and Lucky were still options for a solid pair of jeans.

Unfortunately, pulling the trigger on a pair of designer jeans proved to be tougher than I expected. My first outing to "A Pea in the Pod" took place last weekend and lasted over an hour. Poor Danny sat outside the dressing room and waited patiently as I modeled at least 15 different styles. He was so sweet and kind telling me that I looked gorgeous in every pair. God love that man! ;) I tried to make the experience exciting for him by coming out of the dressing room with the fake 7 month baby bump strapped on under my shirt but I think he was bored to tears.


7 month fake bump - I can't wait until the bump gets this big!

After trying on all the different styles I still couldn't make up my mind. We decided to call it a day because I was really stressed out and I felt like I needed another woman's opinion before I made the final purchase. I returned the next day with my sister in law who I can always count on to shoot it to me straight ( Thanks, Jenn for spending the afternoon with me while I tried on a gazillion different jeans). I still didn't purchase the jeans on this trip, but at least we narrowed it down to three different styles. Before making the final decision I wanted to do a little Internet shopping just to make sure I couldn't find a better deal/style. Here is one style that made it into the final cut:


Week 14 - You can really see the bump starting to poke out now!

After returning home and comparing styles/prices on the Internet, I finally decided on a fabulous pair of Joe's Jeans. My dear friend Kristine went back to "A Pea in the Pod" with me to make the big purchase on Friday. At first I felt a little guilty about purchasing such expensive jeans but I finally decided, "what the heck I deserve them after all this hard work"! I think we should all live by the saying, "When mama's happy, everybody's happy!"

And on another note...I absolutely LOVE them. They feel so cozy and they look like "real" jeans! Some of you might be thinking that it is ridiculous to spend a ton of money on something that I will only wear for the next 9 months (I've been told that you still wear your maternity pants a few months after delivery), but I have also decided that I am going to wear them every Thanksgiving for the next 20 years just to get the full mileage out of them!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, I am soo happy you decided to make a blog. This is such a great way for all of us on the east coast to stay informed. I am sorry to hear your first trimester was so rough, but it sounds like things are only getting better. I cannot wait to hear if the "squirrel" is a boy or girl :) Love you & the little one both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sissy...lord have mercy, what can I say, except, of course you HAD to buy thoese jeans, and I'm sure a few more along the way, just because that little "squirrel" is nesting, doesn't mean Mama shouldn't be happy and look good! ;) Oh honey, I'm just so over the moon for you...and Danny, thank you for creating this blog, it's truly a gift to us from afar to feel like we can be on this journey with you :))

    I love you to bits...

    Tam

    ReplyDelete