Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Help!...Toe!!...Bama!!!"

Everly has been a regular little chatterbox for a while now, but this past week she made her first attempt at constructing a full-blown sentence. While I was cooking dinner "little miss busy bee" was fluttering around the kitchen pulling every item she could grab out of the cabinets and drawers, and then running to the laundry room to hide them next to the washing machine, when suddenly she stopped next to the trashcan and shouted, "Help!...Toe!!...Bama!!! I immediately stopped what I was doing and ran over to her because I could tell by the tone of her voice and the look on her face that she really needed help. When I got over to her I noticed that she was holding on to the trashcan with one foot lifted in the air. When I squatted down to examine her foot, I discovered that she had stepped on a piece of Bama's food and it was stuck in between her toes. Ahhh! Suddenly it all made perfect sense: Help!..Toe!!...Bama!!! translated to, "Help, Mama, I stepped on a piece of Bama's food and it is stuck in between my toes!" Pretty clever, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment